Uniform is an important aspect of equal opportunities at Cambridge Academic Partnership. It also affords some safety and protection for younger students as they can be easily identified as students of the college.
Years 7-10 School uniform is compulsory and students who fail to wear the correct school dress will receive a consequence.
Year 11 may be granted a non-uniform privilege if certain requirements are met regarding work and attendance. However, we ask that students who have gained this privilege wear appropriate dress for the world of work, and we reserve the right to ask for inappropriate dress to be changed to something suitable.
Our uniform supplier is Sportswear International Ltd. (items listed below). Orders can be placed online www.swischoolwear.co.uk (order via PARENTS ONLINE). Orders can also be placed by telephone 0845 519 0099, by post or by fax using the order form below:
Current Uniform expectations
- Sky blue raglan polo shirt with tree logo
- Year 7 and 8 Sky blue raglan sweatshirt with tree logo
- Year 9 and 10 Navy blue raglan sweatshirt with tree logo or
Navy blue cardigan with tree logo
- Plain navy or black tailored trousers or knee length skirt with navy/black tights (Summer alternative: tailored, plain navy or black knee length shorts, without logos, and white ankle socks.)
We do not accept the following
- jogging bottoms or sports trousers
- mini skirts
- hot pants
Please note that no outdoor clothing, including hoodies, may be worn inside school buildings, especially not in place of the school sweatshirt.
- Plain black, flat or low heeled shoes or black trainers without logos. Shoes must be completely black, including the sole and laces.
- If headscarves are worn for religious reasons, they should be a navy blue colour.
- Hair must remain a natural colour.
- Make-up use must be discreet and natural looking.
- Nail polish is not permitted.
- Jewellery is not permitted, except stud earrings and a watch, unless for religious or cultural reasons.
Current PE Kit Expectations
*Please read the below document for further details.
- Raglan Polo Shirt
- Response Shorts
- Black Football Socks
- White Trainers
- Racer Sweatshirt
- Black Trainers or Astro Boots
Should families of students in current Years 7, 8 and 10 wish to purchase any of the current uniform at a reduced price (please click here: www.swischoolwear.co.uk) as the implementation of the new uniform from September 2019 for these year groups will not be required for at least one further academic year, you can do so up until the May half term break. After we return from the May half term holiday (Monday 3rd June) the current uniform will no longer be able to be purchased.
Uniform Changes (from September 2019)
Please note: we have agreed on a new version of the school uniform that will become compulsory for all students in Years 7-11 in a phased introduction from September 2019. The new uniform will be available to purchase from Monday 3rd June 2019
The uniform will be:
Grey jumper with logo and plain grey trousers/skirt, with the option of shorts in the summer. It is mandatory to purchase these uniform items via our supplier, SWI.
The following items can be purchased from any supplier:
For Coleridge – White buttoned plain shirt.
For Parkside and Trumpington – Blue buttoned plain shirt.
Plain black shoes or trainers.
In order to minimise the cost of the change to families, we are proposing to phase the introduction of the new uniform as follows:
September 2019 Students in the incoming Year 7 and Year 10 (current Year 9 students) to wear new uniform
September 2020 Students in all years from Year 7 to Year 11 to wear new uniform
Please see below for images of the new uniform:
All students are expected to have a serviceable bag for their belongings, including:
- a pencil case
- a pen
- a pencil
- a ruler
- a rubber as a minimum
Students are advised to carry a water bottle with them.
- Clubs and Activities
- Coleridge Teaching Approach
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Friends and Alumni
- Governing Body
- Home Learning
- Leadership Team and Heads of Department
- Our Uniform
- Policies and Documents
- School Improvement Plan
- Student Services
- Term Dates
- The Learning Day